Friday, October 20, 2006

You may have already guessed...SHE'S HERE!

Well, better late than never? :)

Sarah Joy was born a week ago, and our lives have been a complete blur. Larry, the other kids, and my mom have had horrible colds ever since we got home from the hospital, so I am the only one who gets to hold and cuddle our little angel. Angel #2 (my mom) is exactly that--a total blessing in our home right now! She gets the kids up in the morning, feeds us every meal, cleans the dishes, does the laundry, helps Hadland with his homework--the list goes on and on. My sister Laurel, who had twins in July, has let me know that Mom is only here on loan, and that she is counting down the minutes until she returns to her and the boys (so they can resume the royal treatment). How did we score on getting such a great mom?

Sarah was born last Thursday, Oct. 12, at 5:40 p.m. MDT, weighing in at a whopping 8 lbs., 15 oz. and 20 inches long. When she was born, I was struck with how much she looked like William (complete with the big lips). As I look at her these days, she is looking more and more like Lauren. She's a good eater, and a pretty good sleeper. She likes to be held (but who doesn't?), and she is wrapping us around her long but little fingers. We just adore her, and I can't wait until everyone is better so that they can cuddle her as much as I have. We are truly blessed--these little ones come from Heavenly Father to help us understand how much He loves us and trusts us and desires for us to return to Him as families. Every time a baby is born, I feel a greater desire to achieve that goal and be with my family forever.

I am really going to get some pictures on here, so keep posted!

2 comments:

Sweetarita said...

We are so happy for you guys.We can hardly wait to see the beauty. Have you thought about coming to Canada anytime soon-like maybe Christmas??? Hint hint. Anyways can't wait to see pictures! love ya

Kari said...

Congrats! Larry and Melanie....we love you guys. Kari and Jim