Monday, November 12, 2007

Friends and lovers...

OK-kind of a scary title, but just stick with me, you'll get it.

Along the same thought as earlier, the best friends are the ones who inspire you.

Friendship takes a lot of work--time, love, patience, understanding, forgiveness, etc.

But it is so worthwhile.

I have been blessed with many friends who I totally admire and am in awe of.

They are incredible mothers, empathetic listeners, movers and shakers (unfortunately, I am more of a shaker myself), loving wives and friends, and followers of Christ.

Isn't it wonderful to have someone in your life who loves you for who you are and believes you can become even more? A person who knows your weaknesses and is willing to help you overcome them?

As I write this, I am reminded of my very best friend, my dear husband. He loves me when I stink, when I am sick, when I am mean, and when I despair. He has taught me so much about unconditional love. I don't know where I would be without him. I would definitely be much sadder and lonelier. Larry believes in me even when I can't believe in myself. And he thinks I am beautiful.

Am I blessed or what?

No comments: