Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Secret Givers

I am trying to have some sort of "Christmas" thought each day throughout December. I haven't missed a day yet! Pat myself on the back, you know? Tonight we read the perfect story about a little boy who learned to think more about what he could give rather than what he would receive because his family had started "doorbell ditching" Christmas gifts and surprises to people in their neighborhood. It was perfect because we had a chance to do just that--leave a treat on the porch and run. Although I am quite aerobically fit, I left the ditching and running to our able-bodied boys. What fun! You gotta love an immediate object lesson, right?

4 comments:

Thunell Family said...

What a fabulous idea! You are such a great mommy! It was so good talking to you today--I always love it. You truly amaze me by your faith and goodness. I love you.

Melissa said...

What a fun idea. I can just picture your boys, so funny! You are such a great example! Thanks!!

TM CLAN said...

Doesn't your heart just sing when you know you are teaching great truths? You rock!!! Thanks for sharing your great adventure.

Liz said...

Pat, pat. Way to go! I read that story yesterday with Peter and can't wait for a chance to do the same!