Sunday, February 18, 2007

3-day weekend sickies

How is it that whenever there is a 3-day weekend someone always gets sick (or more than one someone).

This weekend we all stayed home from church (larry got to go to sacrament meeting) lest we "share, share, share" all our coughing, runny noses, fever germs. It takes a very special person to make Sunday feel like the Sabbath even when you can't make it to church.

Hadland said to me today, "Mom, this day is SOOOO long." I replied, "I know. It makes a difference when we don't go to church, doesn't it?" He agreed. Then added, "I don't think I want to miss church again, ok?" You bet, buddy!

I have to say that I am very glad that we have BYUTV. I have watched a Women's Conference address by Ardeth Kapp a couple of times today entitled, "Encircled about in the arms of His love." Good stuff!!

We'll see what tomorrow brings. I am just grateful that there is no vomiting (knock on wood). I'll take runny noses anyday.

No comments: