Thursday, February 15, 2007

Boy, has V-Day changed!!

I think that as you go along in life, you just "keep swimmin'!" Valentine's Day used to be a big bone of contention in our marriage. I, of course, wanted the flowers and chocolate, perfume, jewelry, whatever the media said that romance dictates. Larry would say that it was just a commercialized thing to sell more candy. He would bring them on Feb. 1 or Oct. 28 or June 13. I would feel sorry for myself and buy me a candy bar or something.

Then life goes on. Like yesterday.

I took all the kids to take pictures at the department store (mostly because I don't have a Cherie or a Tara who lives near me ;), and when I got home literally hours later, I was ready to surrender for the day. It hit me that I didn't want the big "wine and dine" rigamarole, I just wanted the kids to go to bed and be by ourselves. No chocolate, no jewelry, just TIME ALONE.

So finally, at about 9:30 p.m., I sat down on the couch next to my honey. We shared a bottle of Martinelli's and wished each other a happy valentine's day. How my wishes have changed. I don't need anything to make me happy, I just need my special someone!

But, Larry, if you are reading this, I still do like flowers :)

I love you, honey!

No comments: