Saturday, January 26, 2008

I am grateful...

This won't be a long post, but I have to write something after today. I was asked to help the youth in our ward (church congregation) with a cultural activity which culminated in a performance tonight. I have been gone (from home) a lot for this assignment, and needless to say, my family has missed me. The focus was on gratitude. Our ward's theme was gratitude for obedience. The kids sang an awesome song called O-B-E-Y (sang to the tune of Y-M-C-A). It was a long time coming, but we were able to do a great job. I had a great time with the kids, and that meant a lot to me. But it really hit me when I came home tonight (after being gone since 9 am), and the kids were telling me how much they missed me. I was glad to be able to say that I was obedient to what the bishop had asked of me, and that I was grateful for my obedience. I was able to share with my family that I am grateful for what the Lord asks of me. He's probably saying, "Who'd a thunk it? She sure does complain a lot about what she's asked to do."

He's right. As always.

I do complain a lot. But I am going to try to stand a little taller where this is concerned. I have been given so much: a loving Heavenly Father, a merciful Savior, an adoring husband, wonderful children, a healthy body, and a beautiful world to live in. I am grateful. For a living prophet, for scriptures, for amazing examples of Christ-like living all around me, and so much more.

What are you grateful for?

No comments: