Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley


I am so grateful for the life and testimony of President Gordon B. Hinckley. As Larry told me that he had passed away tonight, I just stood there, unbelieving. I find that in my everyday speech, my prayers, my conversations, my thoughts, he is always there. I love hearing my children pray for him. I love his smiling, faithful, enthusiastic face as he urges us to "stand a little taller." I feel like I know him because I have been touched so deeply by him. I am sure there are people all over the world who feel exactly the same way. I will miss his straight-forward, unapologetically optimistic attitude and his sense of humor. I will miss his insights and wisdom. I know he was a prophet of God, prepared through his life to humbly and willingly lead the church of Jesus Christ. I love him, and I have always looked up to him and his towering example. I will stand a little taller, and I will try a little harder to follow the teachings of this amazing servant of God. I have been so blessed to learn at his feet.

1 comment:

Sweetarita said...

I couldn't have said it better!! Your words are my words, and I will miss him too. Just the other day I was reading a conference talk and Ethan was sitting with me and as we looked at the front of the Ensign I was teaching him to say Pres. Hinckley in his little toddler voice. - Hinkky, Hinkky- he kept saying. Oh what a great man he was! Thanks for sharing your feelings!