Sunday, January 13, 2008

New Year, new blog?

Well, maybe just one that gets most posts, right?

I am really going to try to get pictures on here. I got a new camera for Christmas, and I want to learn how to use it. So, of course, I went to the library to get some books on camera basics (fueling the hope that someday I will take pictures like Tara or Cherie). I got one called The Photographer's Eye. I think I read a few pages and then laughed. This book was for die-hards. It talked about composition, design, motion, tension, and on and on. I though tension was just what I felt when I tried to take pictures of my kids. I should be an award-winning photographer by this time with all the tension I felt. But it isn't that kind of tension. YIKES! What have I gotten myself into here? I just want to take pictures, not re-invent the wheel!!! I guess that means I have to actually take some pictures and experiment. I don't really like to do that. I like to know what I am doing. I don't like taking risks--I like being safe and accomplished. Boy, isn't that a recipe for disaster.

Does it feel to anyone else like this blog is a sort of therapy for me?

Read at your own risk. I don't pay by the hour.

2 comments:

Sweetarita said...

I did take pictures with my new camera at your house but I am now trying to figure out how to get them off the camera and on to the computer. Hopefully by the end of the day I will have it figured out so I can post those fabulous pics of us at christmas!! We had the greatest time at your place and loved every minute of it minus the barfing!!

Anonymous said...

Hey lady,
Best book to start with, is your manual. It not only give hints specific to your camera, but most give a great tutorial on basic photography. I still use mine.

Don't feel overwhelmed with the book you got. I am still looking for ones that fit what I need. I think a lot of photography books are super photographers who want to make it sound a whole lot harder than it really is.

Check out your user manual and relax (no tension involved) and just take some sweet little pictures of those kidlets of yours. (And don't foget to take some of mommy too).