Thursday, November 20, 2008

First I have to make a disclaimer... (and don't forget to look at the other post from today--there is a really cute picture of Sarah)

My family watches all our movies with Clearplay. What is clearplay you ask? It is a DVD player that filters normal movies you rent from Blockbuster, etc. It basically takes out all the stuff you wish wasn't in there in the first place. And we absolutely cannot live without it.

That being said, when I recommend movies to people, I always have to remind them that I may not have seen the whole movie. That really confuses most people. But I am glad that I didn't see "that one scene" that ruined a perfectly good movie.

I also have to say that I love my treadmill. I know that seems to be a non sequitur (doesn't follow). But my treadmill has a TV on it. And I hooked a DVD player up to it. Now I can run more than 30 minutes at a time because I can do it while watching a movie. Luuuuucky, eh?

Tonight I finished a movie that I really loved. It is called P.S. I love you. Now, I KNOW that a TON of stuff was taken out of the movie. You know that the dialogue is a little spicy when the movie seems to be muted for several seconds at a time. And I am pretty sure one of "those scenes" was bleeped, but clearplay is so seamless that I couldn't tell for sure. It made me laugh and cry. I saw a little bit of myself in the main character--sometimes unwilling to embrace change, afraid to get out of her comfort zone, etc. I really liked it. And watch out for William--he's hot. (it felt pretty weird to write that, but he had killer dimples, ok?)

So just know that although I liked the movie, if you want to see it, enter at your own risk. Or even better, treat yourself to a Clearplay DVD player. After all, Christmas is right around the corner. You won't be sorry. I promise!

2 comments:

TM CLAN said...

That is such a great idea. I have an 11 year old that will be really getting into movies with friends here in the near future. Luckily we've been able to keep clear of most of the movies out.

My sister had such grief with her teenagers and movies. Where do you get them?

Liz said...

Thanks for the recommendation!