Friday, November 24, 2006

This time I did forget!

Well, isn't that just like me? I remembered early on Wednesday, and then with all the hubbub of Thanksgiving Day, I forgot to give thanks.

We did something new for Thanksgiving this year. On Larry's recommendation, we went to Golden Corral (a buffet restaurant) for our Thanksgiving meal. I have to say that I had a hard time with the idea because in my family growing up, Thanksgiving was THE BIG HOLIDAY! All my mom's family came, and we had a major food fest! That is what our family does best--eat and talk :) !!

I missed the talking (and the eating, too) with all of my family, but I had my little family around me, and that was wonderful. There were no dishes to clean up, but there weren't any leftovers either. It is so funny how I resist change (just about as much as Larry resists stress!).

Anyway, I am grateful for:

* newborn "real" smiles

* tickle attacks (on my kids--NOT me!)

* ice cream

* getting the Christmas tree out of storage

* Ella's Swinging Christmas and...

* Stan Kenton!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments: