Sunday, February 03, 2008

It is snowing again!

I love the snow. Still! It has been snowing off and on since Christmas, and I am in seventh heaven! I love looking out my window at the huge flakes coming down. I love driving on a quiet evening when the noises of the cars are drowned out by the dampening effects of the snowfall. I love taking a deep breath of cold air and looking into a crystal dark sky.

I love that I don't have to drive in the snow everyday. I love that I can send my boy to school on foot. I love that Larry got a snowblower so I don't need to shovel (unless I want to).

I just want to make one more observation.

On Friday when I woke up, the snow was coming down like a thick blanket. i was worried to drive to Salt Lake for fear of dangerous road conditions. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, but it certainly wasn't clear. Then when I woke up this morning, there was a new layer of snow on the ground and it was coming down so fast! So much snow!! But I think of yesterday, the day of President Hinckley's funeral--the sun was shining, the sky blue, the roads clear. Coincident? I don't think so. The Lord was smiling down on the farewell of this mighty servant. Everyone was able to participate how they wished without road conditions hindering their way. What a simple yet wonderful blessing. God loves his children!

No comments: