Monday, February 04, 2008

President Monson


Did he look great today? He looked so calm and kind. He is definitely different than President Hinckley, and I am looking forward to getting to know his personality. I am also very glad that President Eyring is still in the First Presidency. I know it is foolish, but I feel like he is "my" general authority. He came to our Stake Conference the week before he became a counselor to President Hinckley, and I had such a wonderful experience listening to him that I have had a special feeling toward him ever since (you know he was called to the first presidency because of his awesome talks in our stake conference!). I know it is silly, but no biggie!

I was surprised to see Elder Uchtdorf in the First Presidency. It seems to me that they are calling younger members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles to serve in the First Presidency. I think that part of serving in big, scary callings like those are that of training. President Hinckley and President Monson have so much experience to share with others. It will then be the job of the train-ees to be the trainers. That is the beauty of serving in the church. There is always someone who will share their wisdom with you and someone with whom you can share your experiences as well.

Cool, huh?

1 comment:

Darla Mae said...

Ever since I was a child President Monson has been one of my favorite speakers. Probably because he told the best stories, with a little humor and alot of heart. As a child listening through the drone of conference his stories were the ones I listened to.