Monday, January 24, 2011

Good-bye, Graeme...

My sweet nephew, Graeme, is leaving on a mission on Wednesday. To Culiacan, Mexico.

Yesterday he spoke in his ward's sacrament meeting.

He is a man of few words.

I was completely mesmerized by his farewell talk.

I guess it is true of those who are frugal with words--when they talk, people listen. (I wouldn't know, personally)

He was so humble, so sincere, so in tune with the Spirit. I learned so much about him--how he has prepared, about his motivation for serving a mission, about his willingness to be a witness of Jesus Christ.

I was so proud of him. He is a good man, destined to work hard and be a humble, loving missionary.

Good luck, Graeme. But you know that He will go before your face, on your right hand and your left hand. He will never leave you alone!

We'll miss you!

No comments: