Sunday, May 18, 2008

I am a gardener...

I think.

Are you a gardener if:

1. you can handle a rototiller?

2. you can pay your kids a penny a rock to pick them out of the garden plot?

3. you can wear a big floppy hat in the sun?

4. you then get completely lobster-esque on your arms?

5. you can dream about tomato juice dripping down your chin as you bite into your own homegrown tomato?

Well then, I guess I am a gardener. Really, the only requirement is that you have a garden, right? I guess you have to work in it, too.

Are you a gardener too? (potted plants count, you know?!)

One other question--are gardeners always sore?

3 comments:

Kari V. said...

I would be a gardener this year if I had time to even think! :) This Microbiology class is killing me!

I did pot some plants today. Does that count.

Melissa said...

Okay, I am with you on the lobster arms! My arms got so burnt Sat., but half my garden is in. Yippee! See you tonight...if all goes well!

cherie said...

you go girl!! i am mrs. brown thumb.
and i have no idea what can grow when it's 110 degrees outside like today.
but, that's no excuse! i better be finding out!