Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I miss Larry!

He's gone for the week, and boy do we miss him. William just told me tonight when I was tucking him in that I should tell Daddy to give him a kiss and a hug. I winced a little inside and told him that Daddy wouldn't be back for a few more days. But he was determined. He told me that when Daddy got home, I should tell him to give William a kiss and hug. So I said, "Sure, honey. I'll do that when he gets home."

I just got off the phone with that tall drink of water, and I miss him. He is at training this week, and he misses us too. We've been so spoiled for so long that Daddy gets to be with us almost all of the time. So when he's gone, we sure feel it.

I find that I've been doing little things for the kids--giving them unexpected treats. I wonder if I am trying to compensate for the fact that they only have me around for a week. I'm not very good at the "getting on the floor and wrestling/tickling them" at this point in my pregnancy (but then again, that is usually Larry's department). I am also pretty exhausted, and I am sure they get of Mommy saying, "I'm too tired. Maybe later. Come lie down with Mommy on her bed." I've said that more times than I would like to admit :)

I guess what I am trying to say is that I love my husband and my kids' daddy. I miss him more than I can say. And I hope the rest of the week flies by so he can come home. (And I hope that I can find some more yummy treats!)

No comments: