Sunday, August 20, 2006

It is already that time?

Hadland goes off to school tomorrow! He is starting 2nd grade, and I am happy to say that he is so excited! He just got a father's blessing, and is already down for bed (probably at least 2 hours earlier than normal). He is growing up. I am looking forward to him loving school--I know I did. He just told me the other day that his favorite part of school is homework. That may sound ridiculous to many of you, but that was my favorite part, hands down. Well, that and recess.

I am also looking forward to one-on-one time with my sweet William. He's growing up so fast. He loves to help. In fact, that is his new distraction technique. If he is acting out and gets caught (usually going in to time out), he yells out frantically, "I want to help! I want to help!" That charmed me the first couple of times, but I got wise to his game. He loves to do things on his own, and I am excited about helping him become the "big boy" around the house with Hadland gone all day. We just phased out his afternoon naps, so he and I will have an hour or so of private time while our pretty little Lauren gets her beauty rest.

Lauren is a hoot! She is quite sassy, and she is a total drama queen. For example, we were at my sis-in-law's house tonight, and Lauren wanted to climb up the side of the stairs. She knows its off limits, but man, she loves to push that envelope. Everytime I told her no, she would drop her head on the stair and start wailing. Tears and all, you know? I guess I have to move over and make room for another dramatic girl in our home! And here I thought I had all the limelight...

Larry is LOVING not having to wear glasses! He keeps trying to adjust them, or look for them after a nap or a wrestle. (In case you didn't know, he had LASIK surgery done about 10 days ago.) When we saw Darla tonight, she commented on how she is going to have to get used to him without glasses. If I can get him to agree, I'll post a picture of "the NEW him" on this site.

I just keep getting rounder and rounder. That's a good thing, right? I have about eight weeks left, and I am thinking this is going to be the longest two months ever. At least the weather isn't as not as it has been. THANK GOODNESS! The house we are renting just went on the market, so we'll be moving in the next couple of months or so, depending on how fast the house sells. We'll let you all know when we know where we are headed next!

3 comments:

Buzz said...

You're a blog pro now!! You go girl!! We missed you this weekend.

Tara Brooks said...

Tell Larry that I am SOOO jealous. I want Lasik SO badly!!! I am getting so tired of glasses and contacts and prescriptions!
Anyway... congratulations. We sure do miss you guys!

Kari said...

Isn't Lasik the best. Jim got it done in December last year. :)