Thursday, March 19, 2009

Another book pick

So, after finishing The Count of Monte Cristo, I remembered a piece of advice from the comment section: keep you updated on the books I am reading.

Well, I have another one.

But, I didn't finish it. I had to return it to the library before i had to pay money.

Still, it was amazing. I plan to check it out again so I can finish it.

It is by the same author of The Five Love Languages. (i know I am supposed to underline book titles, but there is no underline that I can find on this program, so you'll just have to accept my bolding instead.)

It is called Love as a Way of Life. Basically, it is a handbook full of examples, anecdotes, and helpful suggestions of how to become more Christ-like. Some of the characteristics it focuses on are: humility, courtesy, forgiveness, patience, kindness, and so on. Amazing book. It also talks about the characteristics that are opposite to each Christ-like one so we know what we are trying to overcome. Very helpful, I must say!

I have really enjoyed it, and I am looking forward to enjoying it more.

2 comments:

marymary said...

I think, based on your description, that I should read this book. I have this feeling that getting into a yelling match with your three year old isn't going to be one of his examples of showing love. Sigh.

Here's a trick for you: if you type the letter u in angle brackets before the text you want underlined, and /u in angle brackets at the end of it, it will show it as underlined. Some people say you should use italics instead of underlining on the web, since underlining it makes it look like a hyperlink and people think they can click it. I say do whatever you want.

Thunell Family said...

Thank you. I love to hear about what you are reading. I can always trust that it will be a good one. As always, I need all the help I can get...especially in that area. Love you my friend