Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Creative kids...

You gotta love 'em.

Our oldest boy has imagination oozing from every pore. Yesterday he spent all afternoon preparing some family fun for St. Patrick's Day. Unfortunately, Daddy took us for an outing, so we didn't get to take advantage of his creativity.

So after dinner tonight we went to the backyard for the festivities. We had a scavenger hunt, played shamrock tic-tac-toe, played tag (where "it" had to wear a green bowler hat), leap-leprechaun (aka leapfrog), and hide and go seek the leprechaun.

I love it when the kids come up with the fun. My boy was so happy to share his ideas with us. But, as usual, it ended with him in tears. His little sister tagged along when he wanted to hide with his dad. What a bummer when a younger sibling needs to take over. It is a hard thing to realize that you have to sacrifice for ones younger than yourself. It isn't always so easy for parents, either.

On a side note, our younger boy went to sleep about 9 p.m. (late you say? he usually can't go to sleep until about 11 p.m.) Tender mercies!

1 comment:

Tera said...

I love that you are posting more! I think I was like Hadland. Always trying to create games for everyone! I remember putting a scavenger hunt together for FHE once when I was a preteen. Good times!